Now
85°
Thu
94°
Fri
94°
From local elections to statewide races, check back often for updated results.
by Justin Backer
ORLANDO, Fla. (CBS12) — At a press conference on Wednesday, Governor Ron DeSantis announced $60 million in awards through the Fiscal Year 2025-26 Florida Cancer Innovation Fund.
The governor announced these new milestones at an event held in Orlando Wednesday afternoon. He was joined by State Surgeon General Dr. Joseph A. Ladapo, and Agency for Health Care Administration Secretary Shevaun L. Harris.
“Today, I was proud to announce the winners of this year’s Florida Cancer Innovation Fund awards and the opening of applications for next year’s awards. This promising initiative now has $70 million in funding for groundbreaking cancer research projects, $10 million more than the previous cycle,” DeSantis said.
See also: Suspended PBC clerk Mike Caruso denied bond on child sex abuse charges
According to the governor’s office, cancer remains the second-leading cause of death in Florida.
For the Fiscal Year 2026-27 application cycle, the governor’s office says that $70 million will be available for new awards, a $10 million increase from last year.
2026 Sinclair, Inc.
